Thursday, January 3, 2013

Computer help!?!?!?!? unable to connect to internet

Ok so I cannot get on the internet with my laptop, but it's not the internet because I can get it on my different laptop. I think I messed around with the settings and screwed something up and I don't know what to do. At first I thought it was the firewall so I turned it off but yet it still didn't work. It works on other peoples internet. so its just my home internet that its not working for. I think I made it so I can't go on the internet at public places or something I don't know. I have tried resetting my computer to a previous time, didn't work. I have tried everything please tell me what to do? Oh and I just moved so I got new internet if that helps any. Please help?


Sol:- It depends on the which connection you are using, I mean are you connecting to internet through Lan or Wifi.

If you are connecting through Lan, somestimes you need to specify an IP address to your lan card according to your service provider or if you are using any router IP address is assigned my DHCP in most cases.

Dial up Connection, which inturns creates a dialup connection. This type of connection used mostly in, if you have Modem.

If you are connecting through a WIFI port, you need to check settings or WEP key or refer Manuals of that Wifi router.
Firewall is also one of the problem, if you are connecting the internet for the first time windows firewall asks you the permission to block, allow, askme later.

In this case if you blocked a browsers (internet explorer, mozilla firefox, google chrome) you were unable to browse internet, if the status of the connection is connected.

Share this article :

1 comments:

  1. The think that help to learn something new is think just like this blog.

    ReplyDelete

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger