Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Internet Connection is being limited by others?


I dont know the exact term for it, but my brother told me it's possible to limit other WIFI user's connection speed.


For my case, I am staying at a rented room for the 2nd year and the 1st year, the internet connection was very smooth. But ever since the 2nd year, my internet connection becomes really bad. So i am wondering if the new housemates are actually limiting my internet connection or not. And this new housemates are just replacing the housemates that left so basically no additional wifi users. Please tell me if my new housemates are limiting my internet and how to get it back if he is doing it.

limited or no connectivity

May be the other users are limiting the internet connection on your device. There is a option to limit the users, speed, duration..etc and this is possible with the routers. Quality of Service (qos) is an option available in router to keep certain limit to the users.

If want to know whether they limited you in the internet connection, let you connect the same wifi access to another device. Check for the internet speed and usage in that device as well.

If the same things happens the usage was limited, if not the usage or limit is only switched on by them for you.

Better avoid these type of connections, be a admin for the router it is safe for you and dont reveal usernames and passwords with anyone.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger