Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Can I use my second router as a repeater if it's hooked up to a PC with WiFi?

So if I have my Wireless router and it's hooked up to the modem on one end of the house, and I have another computer that gets 3 bars of WiFi, can I share the WiFi through the Ethernet port(I know you can) and connect it to my second router(wireless G BTW  to give off WiFi, if both routers have the same SSID, will they act as the same WiFi connection?

router, modem, connect wifi sharing


I think you cant connect to router and may you don't have the option to share. as your service provider is giving the line to the modem and you have shared it through the wireless and again it getting connected to a PC and you want to share the Internet from that PC to a wireless router through a Ethernet.

I tried many times by sharing the Internet connection from a PC, which having two Ethernet cards and at last I got the success. As you have the two network cards, the incoming is WiFi and wanna share Internet through Ethernet and that connects to a second WiFi router.

May be there is a option to connect. In windows xp we have the option to bridge connections and Internet Connection Sharing, this might depend on the operating system which you are using. You can try by going to network connection by both the networks and check help topics.

I think it is easy to know the process and you can research about this on the Internet.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger