Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Why can't I get a strong Wi-Fi connection in my room?

My room is about 50 feet away from the router, which I don't think is too far. I get weak connections on my laptop and my phone, while some of my friends bring laptops over and get good connection. Is this a problem with my router or my laptop's network adapter? I have a Belkin N450 if that helps.When I mean connection, I mean bars. I usually get 2-3 bars in my rooms while my friends can get 5 bars. And how does an airport work?

wifi signal good bad
It depends on the WIfi card you are using may be your wireless card is not an 'N' based chip that's why the difference.


May the wireless card got problem you may contact service centre for further details. After checking with your friends connection as it seems the problem of your wireless card only. There are about some types of wireless cards like b/g/n.



Once check whether you have installed the correct drivers or any firewall is limiting the access to the wireless networks. If you do not have correct drivers installed once go to official website of you main board manufacture and download them after installing once check with them.


some wireless cards with inbuilt will get defect on board, may be that is the one of yours, it occurs very rarely

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger