Monday, March 18, 2013

Why does my Flash drive contents turns into shortcut?

I tried the full system scan after scanning the flash drive yet there is no threat found but every time I insert any flash drive into my laptop its contents turns into a shortcut....I wonder what could be the problem? I format my flash drive as well but it is still the same....


There is a virus either in you system or in flash drive, once check after formatting the flash drive again virus infecting the pen drive. This means after scanning you antivirus programmes is not cleaning or disinfecting the virus.

Which antivirus programme your are using? If you are using an antivirus free edition software's they might not detect the threats because they don't have full features enabled, They got so many limitations. These free edition programmes are provided by the company with limited features, it spreads as viral marketing. About 50% of users buys the full versions.

You need to check with your antivirus programme, because till now I am using the free edition software's  till now the best is AVAST Free Edition 2013. A good antivirus with all features (not the full version features

Once check with your antivirus programme, update the virus definitions scan the whole computer first. After cleaning your system clean the flash drive. If the antivirus which you are using free edition you need to uninstall it and reinstall, update the virus definitions or Install Avast free edition 2013 it's better detects threats clean them maximum possible.

If you can afford buy the full version of software's or try to scan the whole computer with Avast, If the problem persists you need to format the whole system, after installing OS install the Avast, but don't insert the flash drive after formatting. You need to have a USB tools like they remove some autorun virus or when you double click on the flash drive it executes the virus if there is a virus in flash drive.

If you are connected to Internet, Better install a Internet Security software....

Share this article :

1 comments:

  1. First off I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question in which
    I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your
    mind prior to writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.
    I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any ideas or hints? Cheers!


    http://www.mayunwana.com/index.php?title=Promotional_USB

    Here is my blog post; Custom USB

    ReplyDelete

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger