Monday, March 11, 2013

I want to do a System Restore?

I think I got a virus from downloading a program off the internet. The virus was created on March 6th. It is March 10th right now. I cannot delete the virus. It will not let me. Plus, there are also registry stuff it did. I have no idea what to do. IF I got the virus from the file I downloaded on March 6th, and if I restore my PC to March 5th (a day before), will that get rid of the virus? What exactly will the system restore. Will it delete some of my downloaded files (which I want it to do). Therefore, will the virus be gone?

By the way, the virus IS a .exe file, and I clicked it. I deleted it, but it already activated. There are Trojans in my registry.

I want to do a windows system restore

If you do a System Restore it can't deletes the virus, but it makes changes to the system according to that Restore point. Virus may not be deleted or cleaned, you need check with the performance of pc after restoring system. System restore just restore the files and folders according to the selected restore point and already your system is infected with virus or Trojans  they can't let the system to restore to a certain point. Mainly go to safe mode once, while booting press f8 choose safe mode  Restore the system from safe mode if it, good, or scan whole computer with the antivirus.

My opinion is don't do a system restore, Just install a trial version of Norton Internet Security and update virus definitions scan the whole system. I assure you that it will clean the entire PC. If you can afford buy a full version of Norton Internet Security.

I already did this type of procedure, like I don't have any antivirus in my PC at that time my PC is infected with virus same like .exe virus. Restored system to a previous state, but that was not successful  and again used system restore from safe mode, same problem, just downloaded the Norton Internet Security Trial version it worked well.

And I bought the Norton Internet Security Full Version, this virus protection software is awesome.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger