Thursday, June 20, 2013

Google Chrome network error question?


Okay so I downloaded something, it was a .pif file, it just started to download out of nowhere. Seeing that file extension made me believe it was a virus of some sort since it was a link from omegle, but during the download I saw that chrome said "network error" next to the download. 

Did the download go through? Is it on my computer? I'm running a system scan and nothing is being detected but I did some research and found that .pif files don't show on windows or something so I just cant find it and delete it and there was nothing in my downloads folder. I didn't see the name of the file either.

google chrome site error


That Pif file was not downloaded successfully, because the network error in the midway, so that was not a virus or trojan file, nothing to get worry.

But some websites are saying that "Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC" so delete that file as soon as possible it reverts the programmes into older versions.

Better have good security software to scan all these things whenever required. If a antivirus is present in your system after downloading the file will get automatically scanned by the computer and where if it is a infected file and we cant access the file and it will be blocked by the antivirus.

but whenever you downloaded any file particularly exe better scan with antivirus and then access or execute it. Mainly virus approaches PC in form of exe files only.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Technology In Life Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger